Saturday, July 28, 2012

Refashioning your Wardrobe is OH SO Simple

Okay; I know I said I probably wouldn't be posting for a couple of days but.... I just couldn't resist!! ...And my son went to grandma's, so while I'm breaking from school work I wanted to come post something for you!!
This is something I done about 1 or 2 months ago; however, I haven't share it with your yet!!

I refashioned a couple of shirts and pants after going through my closet!! This is an outfit I currently have on.

The Shirt: Cut the top seam off the shirt to give it a lounge appearance (hangs off the shoulder) and cut about 1''-2'' inches off the bottom. Now it fits in with the current trend!! HeHe!

When buying these pants I had the option of purchasing them as either long pants or Capri's (long shorts or short pants; which ever you prefer) LOL, and obviously I bought the longer pant style. Being I owned 3 pairs of pants in this navy blue color, I decided to create a replica of the style I hadn't purchased.
The Shorts (formerly know as pants): Cut about right below the knee which was about 4 1/2 inches on pant. I did add a hem the ends just in case, and I believe the Capri-style had an hem such as this one, but that's completely optional!!



 From Old to New ''Fit"

I wanted to give you a close up of the hem on the shorts, but I'm not really sure what happened to this picture... Strange!! That's straight off the camera too.


Anyhow, hope this helps for any of you who may feel your wardrobe needs a makeover!! If I had to guess, It took about 10 minutes to do both the shirt and the short. I did all my shirts at the same time and might have spent about 40 minutes at the most altering them all with these simple modifications; do keep in mind I altered about 50 shirts!! I have a huge wardrobe!! I get tired of clothes quit, but I think I may have finally found a solution to my desire to purchase a new wardrobe every week!! hehe
... guess its a girl thing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment