Sunday, July 15, 2012

Embellished Letters: "E'' FINALLY!!

Finally, I figured out what to do with the "E", since I ran out of rhinestones half way through lining the entire outside of it and there were none to be found (that I could get my hands on in time for her party)  in the size or color I had already started using. However, I believe everything happens for a reason, so I tried not to let it bother me too much.

And here it is the "E"... FINALLY...
It matches the "I'' better than I had anticipated. Not saying it's the prettiest letter in the world, but I'm impressed it came out this decent. There is a  touch-up I'll have to make on the bottom star though.

This is another pendent (star) from that same necklace matching the pendants I used on the ''M''; however I frosted this piece. The glue used to attach the rhinestones obviously leaked and is much more visible on frost. I used another coat, but it looks like I'll have to use one more; this time I'll use mod podge diluted in water to help blend it in. It gives a similar effect, but I wouldn't recommend using it for big pieces.
I also added links to the star and attached decorative brads as pendents. In the picture I had a dragon fly behind each, but I took them off before finishing up. It was just too bulky; they are cute dragonflies, but this wasn't the spot for them.
Well hope you enjoyed this explanation and have a great evening!!

No comments:

Post a Comment