Wednesday, July 25, 2012

DIY Chalkboard & Dry Erase Labels


When organizing my craft corner, I couldn't be sure of whether or not I would later switch out the supplies that currently occupy the storage bends/boxes. I took a couple of card stock and cardboard scraps and painted some with chalkboard paint and the others I covered with Duct tape in order to create labels for my storage units that could be erased. I had used duct tape to create dry erase labels when I reorganized my kitchen cabinets a while back and they work great!!

I'm sure you have heard about chalkboard paint, but I have yet to see this dry erase idea any where
.  
Chalkboard Label
Its a blurry picture, sorry about that!!


I covered this one in blue duct tape; it's a little plain, I know. I'll try to post a picture of what I have in my kitchen. Those are much cuter!! I was aiming for something quick and simple, but you can add a border and lots of embellishments!! I believe it would be cute if it had a boarder and only the middle would be left blank to wright in.
Also, try to remove all air bubbles if possible. I have many in this tag, but I wasn't aiming for perfection; it works for now!!

Quick Tip: Only Dry Erase Markers can be used on the dry erase labels!!

DIY Dry Erase Board  Label from Duct Tape


**If you happen  to have a laminating machine on hand, you can laminate your labels to create the dry-erase effect also!!!
Well if you decide to try this out, please let me know and send pictures if you are able to embellish them!! I would love to see your ideas!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment